Your perfectly planned world just got turned upside down. For the better. How?
You had a baby.
Instead of having complete control over your emotions, you now go from “ I am so in love” to “what the hell did I do?!” in a matter of 30 seconds.
To help break those moments of near insanity, we pulled together our favorite new parent quotes to help you see that you are a warrior (you got this!) and are not alone – though at times it can feel that you are the only person in the world with a baby that refuses to sleep.
- 90% of parenting is just thinking about when you can lie down again. – Anonymous
- Not all who wander are lost. Some are just moms. In Target. Hiding from their children. – @jocieopc
- Parenthood is the scariest hood you will ever go through – Anonymous
- They vomit a lot. For a second I thought I needed to rename my first Linda Blair and hire a priest because she was spitting up so much. – Jimmy Fallon
- Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare. – Ed Asner
- Like all parents, my husband and I just do the best we can, and hold our breath, and hope we’ve set aside enough money to pay for our kids’ therapy. – Michelle Pfeiffer
- Having a baby is like suddenly getting the world’s worst roommate.– Anne Lamott
Now keep that new baby smile on your face mama and remember that the tears and moments of doubt will be fleeting and with each passing day your confidence will grow. Your baby will sleep longer (we promise), and you, Stella, will get your groove back.